Saturday 21 February 2015

From Italy With Love xx



This past week, I've been to the motherland of pizza, pasta and ice cream, Italy!!!!!!

We stayed in the beautiful town of Bordighera on the coast of Italy. Luckily, it is near Nice (France), so the journey was not too far, as my sister is prone to being Donkey from Shrek- constantly asking "Are we there yet!".

The views were so amazing, you look one way and you see amazing mountain ranges and then you look the other and see the Mediterranean Sea and it's hard to believe that they are only within 50 miles of each other.



On the Tuesday, we went to a town in France called Menton, to celebrate the Fête Du Citron, as we missed pancake day. ( #firstworldproblems) However, we did eat crêpes, so all was good. Of course, I had Nutella and banana. 
 But let's get real, it was incredible! The theme was Chinese New year, so all of the enormous models were made entirely of lemons and oranges! 




The next day, we went to a place in Italy called Sanremo, which is pretty much a cute Italian shopping central for nearby towns. But, oh my, there is a shop called KIKO, which is the Italian alternative to MAC. The products are all high quality and I managed to snag 2 lipsticks and 2 nail polishes for 12 euros!!! Can I get an amen? 

Let's hit the beach baby!




 Got to have these holiday essentials!!







Now, let's get to the real stuff... FOOD!!

The food was so good... I cannot even. The first night, I had pizza, pasta and ice cream, I mean how could you not. There was a restaurant called Milleluci and, OMG, the focaccia was to die for, there was no way I could not have two every time we went there. It's like pizza, but the dough is extra fluffy and the sauce is raw with no cheese. They also made Nutella slices!! Hell yeah... Apparently, the owner is to open a restaurant in Brighton, which isn't too far from us so I will be there 24/7!!!

We also managed to get a taste of Italy's best pizza 2011 and to be honest it really was the best pizza I have every tasted- my pizza was bigger than my face!! And yes, I had Margherita pizza because I am the self acclaimed ultimate Margherita pizza try-er. 



Finally, the ice cream was the bomb.com. I did not eat a bad ice cream- and I ate a lot of ice cream. The best ice cream was in CoCo's- a really Italian gelateria. There was a really cute baby, about 3 years old, who kept saying GELATO in a really cute way every time she looked at the ice cream! AWWW! I had Nutella and banana because how could you not? It was honestly so amazing I almost cried when I finished... 


#heaven

So, that was my short but sweet trip to Italy!! I had a ton of fun and I can't wait to return in the summer!!!

Eloise
xxx

Chin up, keep smiling and always be yourself
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment